Logwatch stopped working after I did something stupid

Knute Johnson ubuntu at knutejohnson.com
Fri Aug 22 17:19:48 UTC 2014

So I was trying to clean up my /var/log directory and remove some of the
older .gz files and I mistyped the rm command and erased all the files.
Now logwatch doesn't send me an email any more, I'm assuming because
there are no log files any more.  I thought they would just regenerate
themselves but the base file must have to be there before the services
write to the logs.  Is there a script or some simple way to recreate the
base files?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson