LiveCD won't run on my Toshiba notebook

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 23:34:41 UTC 2014

On 08/10/2014 05:40 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 11 August 2014 00:03, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I was planning on using it to test a distribution upgrade to 14.04 so I
>> decided to reinstall 13.10 and then do the upgrade, but the liveCD I used to
>> originally install Ubuntu will not run.
>

> There is no point installing 13.10 now. It is no longer supported.
>
> Burn a fresh copy of 14.04 and go straight to that.

The only reason I was wanting to reinstall 13.10 is to see how an in
place upgrade to 14.04 would work.  My main machine has 12.04 on it and
I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade or fresh install.

If need be I will try an install of 14.04 directly.  However I have my
doubts that it will work, as the CD that I used to originally install
13.10 no longer will work.

Regards,  Jim