VirtualBox

Dick Dowdell dick.dowdell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:16:17 UTC 2014

I used VMware for years and switched to VirtualBox at the suggestion of a
friend.  I've used it for a couple of years with Ubuntu as my primary OS
and Windows 7  as a guest OS.  I do not have anything bad to say about it.
 It is well documented (you do have to read the documentation), regularly
updated, and has very flexible networking options.

For individual use I prefer it to VMware, though VMware may have the
advantage in management tools for enterprise environments.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 7:00 AM, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org>
wrote:

> Presently, I have a dual boot installation with Windows 7 and I need to do
> a major clean-up on the Windows partition to get ride of a large number of
> .dll files. I understand that I cannot simply re-install Windows 7 so I
> wondered whether it might be a good idea to ditch the dual boot and to run
> Windows, with the various bits of software that I use, in a virtual
> environment. I know absolutely nothing about VirtualBox and would welcome
> any useful comments based on experience. Thank you in advance.
>
> Norman

Regards,
Dick Dowdell
Phone: 508-528-4018  Mobile: 508-498-7919