where trusty-alternate-amd64.iso (final)

Martin Cigorraga martincigorraga at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 01:47:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 3:12 AM, Martinx - ジェームズ
<thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ubuntu Desktop GUI Installer does that (LVM install) since 2012...    :-P
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2012/08/ubuntu-alternate-cds-could-be-dropped.html
>
> BTW, why not go for btrfs? LVM, mdadm, ext4, are all obsolete (at least
> for me)...  :-D

Hey!

Please note that LVM isn't a filesystem.

You can think of LVM (Logic Volume Management) as a *container* easily
expandable across several different storage mediums.
ext4 and btrfs are in contrast *file systems* (being the latter more
advanced than the former) than can be used on top an LVM layout.

For the use case of a typical single user I agree that setting an LVM is
just redundant as its main feature is its expandability; btrfs + a swap
partition should be more than enough.

-Martin