Fwd: Xorg crashes my system all the time now since its last update

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:49:44 UTC 2014

I'm running Xubuntu 12.04 LTS with the Raring kernel (3.8.0.38).  I
have a Hannspree 28" 1920x1200 monitor and an nVidia graphics card
with the nVidia driver (not the Ubuntu version, which I could never
get to load right).

Ever since the Xorg update about a week or two ago, the system
routinely crashes while I am watching a video on Seamonkey or Firefox.
 Once it was just the Xorg that crashed and logged me out, but it's
usually the whole system that dies.

My Xorg.0.log.old, is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-3x0QT9-7fIOWZLQTdxcVh0OTA/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone else seeing this issue?