My thoughts confirmed.... about 13.10

Martin Cigorraga martincigorraga at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:44:50 UTC 2014

Dump firefox and get Chrome...

Hmmm...
I've been an *avid* Chromium/Chrome user for the last 3 years but
beginning with release 33 I had to switch to Firefox as Chrome's
became a total system hog for my laptop (i5 480m, 8GB, 2,66mhz).
In fact when IDLE and with only one blank tab open Chrome is
consuming a sustained rate of 10~15% of CPU resources, nuts!

On the bright side except for some weird glitches (most notably when
handling lots of bookmarks) Firefox 28 runs very snappy on my side.
I still have to accept the fact I'm back into the Paleozoic Era running
FF but at least it wont kill my machine.

I seriously think it's time for Chrome devs to start debloating and
stripping fat from their once wonderful browser...

> This is a problem with Firefox, or if not specifically firefox, with
> the plugins you have installed.  That's why you see plugin-container.
> Watch it long enough, and you should see it slowly climb higher...

Absolutely, every addon has its share of impact on the browser and
system performance, that's why one have toenable only the ones that
really use and let the rest disabled untilneeded.

-Martin