Get chrome to prompt for restart after update

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:25:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 April 2014 15:49, Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In the past I've noticed once that after a chrome update at some point
> > (settings menu ?) it had a prompt to update.  How do I get it to do that
> so
> > I get all my chrome windows back. Otherwise I need to log out then log
> back
> > in to get all the windows I had open.  Any other ideas how to do this?
>
> I've only seen it do that on Windows. On Ubuntu it gets updated with
> the rest of the system via apt-get. To restart it, just close all
> windows, wait a few seconds, then restart. If you're not sure, watch
> `top` until it disappears from the list.

Yes, I just updated via the updater when it prompted me to update chrome
and flash.   I have several chrome windows open with tabs.  If I close one
at a time, I lose what tabs were open except the last one that was closed.
If I log out (with them all open) then log back in, and run chrome, I get
all the windows with all the tabs that were open.  They all load in the
same workspace, but I just move each one to the workspace I want them in.
Firefox, just prompted me to restart, maybe it was that and not chrome, but
I thought chrome had prompted me at one point.

Thanks,

Wes