how to install a .package?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 19:07:23 UTC 2013

On 09/14/2013 08:03 AM, Mauro Sanna wrote:
> On 14 September 2013 07:48, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net
> <mailto:kassube at gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     Mauro Sanna wrote:
>      > On 13 September 2013 23:37, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net
>     <mailto:kassube at gmx.net>> wrote:
>      > > In which way does it not work? If you start it from the command
>     line
>      > > with the command
>      > >
>      > > bin/LaCie_Network_Assistant
>      > >
>      > > is there an error message? When I started the program that way, the
>      > > command didn't return but there was an icon in the system tray. I
>      > > could click that icon and select a command from a list. I suppose
>      > > that the program is used to access a network disk but as I don't
>      > > have such a disk, I can't say what should really happen.
>      >
>      > I have no icons.
>      > These are the errors:
>      >
>      > ./LaCie_Network_Assistant
>      > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
>     [...]
>
>     Did you really install the :i386 packages? As I mentioned in a previous
>     mail, I forgot to append the :i386 to the package names. Otherwise I
>     think I can't help you with these gtk problems. Maybe it would be
>     helpful if you tell us which Ubuntu version you are using. Then someone
>     else might have an idea what is missing.
>
>     BTW: Even if you install the newer version mentioned by Ric, you might
>     still have the same gtk problem because the forum post talks about
>     another ancient Ubuntu version (9.10). And if you want to unpack the
>     file manually, the byte count for the tail command is probably not the
>     same as the one I posted yesterday.
>

> Yes I've installed the :i386 packages.
> I'm using ubuntu raring 13.04.
> I can't find a newer version of network assistant, the only available to
> download for linux is the 1.1.0.

According to what I read, from a simple Google search, it was mentioned
that the 1.10 version flat out didn't work. You should have an install
CD with the new version reported to work, unless you got this hardware
used. Maybe they could send you the CD or provide a ink to get the CD
.iso file? I'd be raising hell about it, with the vendor, for not
providing you with the install CD that stands ~some~ chance to work.

Apparently you are beating a known dead horse, from the various posts I
read. I'd be looking for a RMA to return it for credit in order to
purchase another brand, that supports Linux, if at all possible, if they
refuse to release the newest version to you. (if you bought it new) Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /