static through speakers

Patrick Asselman iceblink at seti.nl
Tue Sep 10 07:26:17 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-05 01:52, Jack Wallen wrote:
> I've noticed this quite a lot lately. I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 and find
> when I move the mouse or scroll through pages (for example,
> websites),
> I get a static through the speakers or the headphones. I've googled
> this issue, but come up with nothing.
>
>  Anyone else experience this and/or know how it can be solved?
>
>  Speakers are 1/8th inch plug and mouse is USB. Any other information
> I might need to pass on?
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  Jack
>
> --
>  JACK WALLEN|The Zombie King
>  Get on the Dark Hayride at Get Jack'd
>  Author of the I Zombie, Fringe Killers, The Nameless, and Shero
> series of books

This sounds like a hardware issue. Either your mouse is causing static,
or your sound card is not shielded properly, or both.

Try using a different mouse. If that doesn't work, you may need to look
for a different sound card, or look for ways to shield it from other
electronics.

Thinking more about it, this may even be caused by poor power supply to
the sound card. But i'm not an expert in electronics, so maybe other
folks can say something more educated about this theory.

Best regards,
Patrick