concurrent telnet output processing

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 03:39:26 UTC 2013

Is it possible to pipe a telnet client so that, concurrently, remote
output is concurrently logged to a file and displayed on the terminal?

Right now, I'm using Apache TelnetClient for this, but I think it might
actually be more awkward then using libtelnet or something along those
lines, just not sure how to get started with that.  Presumably someone,
at some time, has used this as a poor man's reactor engine.

The problem is to do this concurrently.  Just looking for ideas.

(If the output is being *written* live, *during* the telnet session, then
I can pipe the output to a Java thread for *concurrent* processing.)

thanks,

Thufir