gparted live cd not working

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sat Oct 26 22:56:03 UTC 2013

On 10/26/2013 05:16 PM, Shashank SVRSN wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a 'gparted live cd' I used to boot an year ago which worked on a
> say, system - A.
>
> Today it is not working on my system - B --almost of same configuration.
>          When trying to boot with - It just shows a blank screen with
> cursor and falls back to GRUB on HDD after a while.
>                      in File Explorer - It is not at all detected
> I checked that all other cd's are working properly -- both as bootable
> and in file explorer .
>
> The same live cd is booting perfectly on my friend's - System C.
>
> I don't understand why it hates my system. Did anyone here face the same
> problem ever?
>
> Regards
> Shashank Sabniveesu

You have probably checked this already but, you do have the cdrom at the
top of the boot order on machine B, don't you?

Also is machine B a newer machine using uefi?  I just had a hard time
installing Ubuntu to dual boot with Win 8 on a Toshiba laptop.  I could
not get gpartd to boot on that machine either. Though, my symptoms where
much different than yours.  I got far enough to make some choices about
gpartd and keyboard layout before it stopped with an error 1 no display
found.

Regards,  Jim