Ctrl+Alt minimises the active window.

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 26 15:33:50 UTC 2013

On 26 October 2013 16:24, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/10/26 Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com>
>>
>> On 26 October 2013 14:34, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I use a few Compiz plugins, such as the cube and wobbly windows.
>> > Everything
>> > worked perfectly a couple of years ago with Ubuntu 10.10, but since
>> > switching to Ubuntu 12.04, quite a while ago, there is a key binding
>> > that I
>> > can't find.
>>
>> Which Ubuntu desktop are you using?
>>
>> Colin
>

> Default (Unity), sorry for not mentioning it. Thought that saying just
> Ubuntu would be enough (meaning ”not Kubuntu, Xubuntu etc.”), but yes, I
> know I can install many different desktops in Ubuntu and select one at
> login.
> Some settings are modified in my case, like buttons in top panel of every
> window rather than in the top panel of the whole desktop (closer to the
> mouse pointer in most cases). Other than that, I don't remember exactly what
> settings I changed, since I don't remember its original state…

You are correct that it should be enough just to say Ubuntu, but it is
not uncommon for people to ask questions about Ubuntu and eventually
discover they are using Mate or something and neglected to mention it.
Ctrl-Alt does not do anything on my 12.04 Unity.  I guess you have
looked in System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Windows > Close
Window, and in
System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Custom Shortcuts

Otherwise I don't know.

Colin