bottom posting with Gmail

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 00:55:23 UTC 2013

On 19 October 2013 00:35, James Freer <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thing is I
> think the UI has been amended to function with Chrome. I have been
> using Chrome and one can print files from google docs but not with
> Firefox. I had a few issues with Chrome and went back to Firefox and
> noticed that google docs will now only download a pdf. Maybe the html
> version has been available for a while and I'm 'a sausage' only just
> noticing it!

Chrome is a Google product and uses other Google products - so for
instance it calls Google Docs to render PDFs and Microsoft Office
files.

If you want that functionality in Firefox, just install the
`mozplugger` package. Its defaults should Just Work and you should
find that all the stuff that Chrome can display, now Firefox can too.

But you might be right about Gmail functionality. I leave both
browsers open - Gmail in Chrome, everything else in Firefox, which
I've customised quite a lot with extensions. I don't notice any
functional difference in Gmail but I might have just missed it,
because I rarely use it in Firefox.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884