bottom posting with Gmail

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 08:39:49 UTC 2013

On 10/19/13, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 October 2013 00:35, James Freer <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thing is I
>> think the UI has been amended to function with Chrome. I have been
>> using Chrome and one can print files from google docs but not with
>> Firefox. I had a few issues with Chrome and went back to Firefox and
>> noticed that google docs will now only download a pdf. Maybe the html
>> version has been available for a while and I'm 'a sausage' only just
>> noticing it!
>
> Chrome is a Google product and uses other Google products - so for
> instance it calls Google Docs to render PDFs and Microsoft Office
> files.
>
> If you want that functionality in Firefox, just install the
> `mozplugger` package. Its defaults should Just Work and you should
> find that all the stuff that Chrome can display, now Firefox can too.

Liam

Many thanks for mentioning 'mozplugger' - one addon that I have
overlooked. The negative with Firefox is the vast array of addons and
themes - one learns them slowly with use but a strength as well of
course. Chromium when I tried, I found buggy and there were one or two
things in Chrome which is why I stopped using it.

james