Show Desktop ICON

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 17 11:00:43 UTC 2013

On 17 October 2013 11:50, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> I am running the Cinnamon desktop, however, it was the same when I was
> running Gnome on 10.04 and the decorations and are still there if I login
> with ubuntu 2d (Unity) selested. Everything was working fine until about
> Tuesday evening.

Sorry, I can't make sense of the above sentence.  You say you have the
problem running 12.04 with Cinnamon, but also saw it on 10.04 with
Gnome (There are several different Gnome desktop versions).  However
it works ok with Unity 2d.  Perhaps you meant the erroneous
decorations are there with Unity.

> Window decorations are a black bar with orange and grey buttons on the right
> (I changed them at installation time from the left). I have noticed that
> several of the system icons are no longer displaying correctly.

What happens if you log in as a different user?  Create one if you
have not got one or log in as Guest user if that is enabled on your
system.

I presume you have re-booted as previously suggested.

Colin