Novice query: Installation Help

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Tue Oct 1 22:11:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

I assume you have a backup of your important files.

I'd use the manual option and create the following partitions:

2048 MB - swap
30 GB - /
10 GB - Home

Create a partition for the remaining size mounted under /Data - where I
move all the multimedia files, this way I can share any media files over
the network, without the need to share files / folders under my Home.

To use LVM you need the Alternate Installation ISO. You'll need to use i if
you intend to add HDDs in the future to create storage for different uses -
Video, Documents and so on.

Good Luck!

Amichai.