Novice query: Installation Help

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 18:49:30 UTC 2013

On 10/01/2013 02:17 PM, PM wrote:
RAM size: 2 GB
> Hard-disk size: 230 GB actually but they say it is 250 GB
>
> Further, if I should go with LVM or not? If it is really useful, I
> would use it but if I have to go with it, how to use it during the
> installation?

to make it easier to ever re-install linux, if you at least create a
separate "/" and "/home" partitions, all of your personal STUFF is in
your /home/USER_NAME folder. I have reinstalled the same OS, and
installed other OSes ( Linux Mint, Debian, Ubuntu) on the same computer,
and never lost my thunderbird email, or my favorites.. you can use say
20Gb for "/" and use the rest for /home..

tell the installer to use the Manual procedure and you can designate all
sizes for each partition. Don't forget a swap partition..

--
Paul Cartwright