Scanner (Canon n1240u) fails with "invalid parameter"

MR mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 05:45:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
> MR ZenWiz wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Given that this failed between two scans with nothing else changing,
>> I'm beginning to suspect a hardware failure.  Lovely.
>
> Unless you need a special kernel module for that scanner you could boot
> from a LiveCD and check if it works there. If it is the same failure
> message I would suspect a hardware problem as well. Or you could check
> if it works with Windows ...

I finally got around to looking at this (bought a new scanner -
cheap).  Same problem - with xsane.

I pulled down VueScan (which I will not use for various reasons), and
the scanner works fine.

I tried to google for a sane/xsane driver for this scanner and my
browser can't find the site (www.sane-project.org) - doesn't seem to
exist.

So I have a scanner that works, but there's something wrong with the
SANE system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
MR