No ethernet connection with new instal of 12.04 desktop on Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop - lshw says "network unclaimed"

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 13 10:16:58 UTC 2013

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 12.11.2013, 17:24 -0500 schrieb Gene Heskett:

> The real problem is the total disconnect between between this list and
> ANYBODY at Cannonical.
what would you expect us to do ?

> Go to launchpad to file a bug, but I've changed
> ISP's, so my login from 2008 is no good.  Try to create another account and
> it claims I'm already registered.  Ask it to email me a password reset and
> it must be going to the old ISP, which is at least 4 years old & out of
> date.  So I'm stuck in no mans land, can't file a bug, and NOBODY here can
> do anything but give me hell for fixing it my way.  After a while it gets
> damned old, and now I'm in moderation to boot.

there is an IRC channel on freenode.net where the launchpad team hangs
out, you could talk to them to get your account reset ...
(there is also a mailing list, but it is hosted on launchpad so it
requires a launchpad account which wouldn't help you much indeed).

note that the Ubuntu developers that work at Canonical and monitor this
list (yes there are a few) are only launchpad consumers like you, not
sure why you think we could do anything here ...

ciao
	oli