Fwd: ”Artifacts” in OpenOffice and LibreOffice

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed May 15 00:28:29 UTC 2013

On 05/12/2013 03:47 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> I am not sure it's even possible to replace my graphics card; it's a
> laptop. I have been planning to replace it with a desktop computer
> since 2010, but so far I didn't, for some reason… Maybe I should
> finally do it.

Ah! For an "older" laptop you might be best off not going for a desktop
with hotrod graphic effects at all. Install XFCE, or Lubuntu, which is
what I did for an "older" (10 years old) Thinkpad. It works reasonably
well. In the long run, a desktop that you can modify cheaply is best on
a "limited budget", from my perspective. The laptop is good enough to
run Thunderbird and Firefox (but not at once!) which suits me as I am
rarely on the road anymore. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html