Raring updates

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri May 3 05:17:08 UTC 2013

On 05/02/2013 04:26 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 2 May 2013 09:23, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> I'm seeing some odd behaviour on a 13.04 box.
>>
>> For the last six days not a single update has come down the pipe from
>> Ubuntu. I've changed the update servers from the UK to the main servers
>> but nada.
>>
>> I've checked sources.list & all looks OK so has anybody else seen this?
>>
>> This box (the only one I have at present running Raring) was a daily
>> that was released a couple of days before the GM went live & updated
>> fine until 5d 20h ago (or so byobu is telling me).
>>
>> It must be something to do with sources.list but I can't see it.
>
> FWIW I'm not getting any, either. And it needs some - LibreOffice
> menus, Skype doesn't run, etc.
If you're using synaptic, go into settings/repos and turn the ppas that
you use back on. They are turned off during the dist-upgrade. After I
did that, the upgrades poured in. Or, use the PPA Manager.

Since 13.04 is barely out of the door, I wouldn't expect many upgrades
happening soon from Main. The devs are all probably rolled up in corners
and panting from getting it out. So far, nary a burp in the barrel,
except that I did have to go into rescue mode twice to force a rewrite
of grub. That fixed that. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html