Changing grub default boot order

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Mar 28 17:45:26 UTC 2013

On 03/28/2013 12:12 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 28 March 2013 15:47, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I upgraded from 10.04 to 12.04 by installing 12.04 on a different hard drive
>> and dual booting.  Now I would like to make 12.04 (sdb) the default.  This
>> link [1] suggests using grub-customizer [2]. Does anyone have any experience
>> with this app?
>
> How did you manage to install 12.04 and not end up with it as the
> default?  The question is relevant because you might be best to
> reinstall grub from 12.04.
>
> Colin

I put a new hard drive in the machine and disconnected the one with
10.04 on it.  I then installed 12.04 on the new drive.  I wanted to keep
the info on 10.04 available.  I had planned on using a drive caddy. At
this point I had completely forgotten about dual-boot.  Once I had both
hard drives hooked up this is what I ended up with.  Maybe there was a
way to have 12.04 as the default but I didn't realize exactly what would
happen.

Regards,  Jim