re-install

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 02:55:40 UTC 2013

On 03/20/2013 01:06 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

> Now, when I am installing I tell the partioner to "mount" the partition
> "/data" and this automatically inserts the entry into fstab with its
> correct attributes. And you could do the same so as to avoid diddling
> around with fstab later: tell the partitioner/installer to mount that
> /dev/sda13 as 'opt'. Job done.

You are dead on right and correct, except I'm scared to death that I
might not set that correctly and wipe out my /opt partition by an
accidental format. No sir, I won't get near it during install time. I
have to make a trip to the bathroom before I can click "next" to start
the final process. Suppose some dev mucked up and the installer formats
it anyway? "I'm sorry" won't cut it. As Mulder says "Trust no one."
...and I don't. I am old and cynical. <cackles> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html