Program to burn an audio CD

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 19:57:14 UTC 2013

On 06/30/2013 08:41 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 30/06/13 06:43, Ric Moore wrote:

>>> Nope. k3b itself but then I also selected the additional codecs (or some
>>> such) and that was all. This was in Ubuntu itself.
>>
>> Not according to Synaptic on this KDE-less machine. See my other post.
>> And yes, it was a pain to cut n paste all that to make that point, but
>> WOOT! Dere it is! :) Ric
>>
>> p/s I bet it the OP went into his preferences and set his cdrom/dvd
>> device to the raw device, like /dev/sr0, instead of /dev/cdrom or
>> /dev/dvd (yeah, cuties, I know.) he might beat that write problem.
>> Plus, he needs to check /etc/group to see if his user is in the cdrom
>> group, and possibly plugdev group. Otherwise K3B wouldn't work either.
>> Ric
>
> I had 12.04LTS installed when I installed k3b on it. While I was doing
> something else k3b was installed using the Software Installer option and
> it seemed to take only a few minutes to install - hence my response above.
>
> A couple of days ago I installed 13.04 (which wrote the damn bootloader
> into the MBR and it has taken me a couple of days to recover - I hate
> this Ubuntu @#%^&!* !) and now I used 'apt-get install' to install k3b
> and, yes, this installs 117 packages totalling 69.2 MBs. But so what -
> Thunderbird and Firefox take up something like 120+MB each. A drop in
> the ocean when HDD now come in 1TB and up in size.
>
> You want quality, you pay for it. No such thing as a free lunch :-) .

Myself, I've had no problems burning anything without K3B. With XFCE I
use Xfburn. My beef is when a single application demands an entire
desktop be installed. Whatever happened to the spirit of "Ubuntu" where
some citizen in a third world country, with a 14.4 connect via a party
line, has to download 70 megs worth to get a single application? I can
see pulling in QT libs though. Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /