Program to burn an audio CD

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 30 12:41:33 UTC 2013

On 30/06/13 06:43, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 06/29/2013 09:41 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> Doesn't that drag in KDE?? Ric
>>
>> Nope. k3b itself but then I also selected the additional codecs (or some
>> such) and that was all. This was in Ubuntu itself.
>
> Not according to Synaptic on this KDE-less machine. See my other post.
> And yes, it was a pain to cut n paste all that to make that point, but
> WOOT! Dere it is! :) Ric
>
> p/s I bet it the OP went into his preferences and set his cdrom/dvd
> device to the raw device, like /dev/sr0, instead of /dev/cdrom or
> /dev/dvd (yeah, cuties, I know.) he might beat that write problem.
> Plus, he needs to check /etc/group to see if his user is in the cdrom
> group, and possibly plugdev group. Otherwise K3B wouldn't work either.
> Ric

I had 12.04LTS installed when I installed k3b on it. While I was doing
something else k3b was installed using the Software Installer option and
it seemed to take only a few minutes to install - hence my response above.

A couple of days ago I installed 13.04 (which wrote the damn bootloader
into the MBR and it has taken me a couple of days to recover - I hate
this Ubuntu @#%^&!* !) and now I used 'apt-get install' to install k3b
and, yes, this installs 117 packages totalling 69.2 MBs. But so what -
Thunderbird and Firefox take up something like 120+MB each. A drop in
the ocean when HDD now come in 1TB and up in size.

You want quality, you pay for it. No such thing as a free lunch :-) .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.10.4 & kernel 3.9.8-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor