Program to burn an audio CD

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 27 19:09:02 UTC 2013

On 27 June 2013 19:41, Bob <ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net> wrote:
> ** Reply to message from Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> on Thu, 27 Jun 2013
> 08:16:13 +0100
>
>> On 27 June 2013 04:45, Bob <ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net> wrote:
>> > I am looking for suggestions for a program to burn audio CDs.
>> >
>> > Brasero is installed with Ubuntu but I have not been able to get it to work.  I
>> > can drag the files I want on the CD but when I click "burn" it ejects the blank
>> > CD and fails.
>>
>> I suspect that it is not a problem with Brasero but is something more
>> fundamental.
>>
>> When you plug in the blank CD do you get a popup saying that a blank
>> CD has been inserted and asking which app to use?
>
> No I get CD/DVD Creator

OK, I wonder whether the problem is to do with starting CD/DVD Creator
and then running Brasero.  To stop it running automatically got to
System Settings > Details > Removable Media > Other Media and set the
action for blank CD to Always Ask.  It might not fix the Brasero
problem but worth trying.

If it still doesn't work try running Brasero from a terminal and see
if you get a useful error message.

On the other hand if you get it working with another app then don't
bother.  I am persevering with asking about Brasero as I have not
experienced many problems with it myself.

>> Can you burn data CDs using CD/DVD creator?
>
> Yes.

OK, probably not a fundamental problem with the drive.

Colin