Software Updater UI in 13.04

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 13:16:55 UTC 2013

On 12 June 2013 19:41, Adam Funk <a24061 at ducksburg.com> wrote:

> Actually, I appreciate the reminder that there are updates available &
> the fact that they have already been downloaded when I log in (on my
> desktop, anyway).

OK.

> That is exactly what I don't like: the collapsed tree view by default
> & the lack of package names.

You did notice the "technical information" link at the bottom, right?

>> Why not enable automatic-updates, then, and let it do it itself?
>
> I do *not* want the machine installing updates & then potentially
> demanding a reboot!  If I see a kernel update available, I may decide
> I need to get some work done before messing around with it &
> rebooting.

It isn't Windows, you know. It only reboots when you tell it to.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AutomaticSecurityUpdates

Specifically

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AutomaticSecurityUpdates#Using_the_.22unattended-upgrades.22_package

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884