12.04.2 LTS, new install, network broken

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jul 8 14:14:25 UTC 2013

On Monday 08 July 2013 10:06:50 pete smout did opine:

> <snip>
>
> >> The installer's networking works perfectly well.
> >
> > Yes it does, IF you configure the network before clicking on the fully
> > booted install icon.  If you click on install from the first postcard
> > sized screen, it doesn't work.
> >
> > Thanks Tom.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Surely this is a bug?!? I can confirm as it has happened to me! But what
> to file it under I have no idea!

If you've been following along, "bug" wasn't what I called it.  My
descriptions tend toward being filmed in technicolor. :)

> To avoid confusion in the future should the first install option from
> post card sized screen? if it cannot be made to 'Just Work' (TM)
>
> Just a thought
>
> Pete

To avoid confusion in the future should the first install option from the
postcard sized screen be removed?  Yes.  Remove that whole screen and
pause, just go ahead and bring the system up fully from the optical media,
then use the icon on that fully (thats debatable) booted screen

There, I fixed it for you, Pete. ;-)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
If you don't have time to do it right, where are you going to find the time
to do it over?
         law-abiding citizens.