12.04.2 LTS, new install, network broken

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Tue Jul 9 02:54:55 UTC 2013

** Reply to message from Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> on Mon, 8 Jul 2013
20:56:50 -0400

> On Monday 08 July 2013 20:00:55 Liam Proven did opine:
>
> > Gene, you are as ever being very hostile and confrontational. Why is
> > this? People, myself included, are trying to help you, for free, out
> > of the goodness of their own hearts, and in every message you are
> > grumbling and complaining and bitching.
> >
> Please, go back to the genesis of this thread. Generally, my first post on
> a given subject, perhaps a bit light on exact details, is ignored, so at
> some point, a day or so later I'll repost, probably not as polite, or just
> "ping" the original.  That will usually get me a reply, and if its from
> you, its moderately apparent that the original post has not been read at
> all, so there is no context from which the conversation can continue.

I find that people ignore messages that are "light on exact details" and/or
that they have not experinced the problem decsribed.  For instance I have not
seen the problem you decsribed so I did not think anything I could say would be
productive (the only thing I would have said was why were you using an old CD).

Getting obnoxious does not help getting other people to respond to your
problem, in fact I am surprised anyone responded.

--
Robert Blair