ddclient

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 04:38:59 UTC 2013

Hi, all.

I have to admit, I'm really struggling trying to get ddclient to work at
all.

I started off with a full '/etc/ddclient.conf' file but was plagued by
this dreaded error message:

'WARNING: file/var/cache/ddclient/ddclient.cache, line 3: Invalid Value
for keyword 'ip' = '''

along several lines (lines 3, 4 & 12)

Upon inspection of said file, nothing glaringly obvious stood out but
every time I ran:

'sudo ddclient -use=ip -ip=1.2.3.4 -daemon=0'

it failed & rm'ing the offending cache file didn't work either: still
got the same error message & the file reappeared with the same obtuse flags.

So, upon the advice of ddclient's wiki page, I ran with a minimal
ddclient.conf:

'protocol=zoneedit1,
server=www.zoneedit.com,
login=xxxxxxxx,
password='xxxxxxxxxx'
www.foobar.com
daemon=3600
pid=/var/run/ddclient.pid'

Still the same error message though & the attempt failed.

I Googled for a couple of hours 'til my eyes started to bleed but no luck.

I should say that zoneedit is working on my domain name, port 80 is open
& forwarded on my router, the iptables are correct & the site is
reachable from outside my LAN. Dig also reports all's OK.

Has anybody got ddclient to work with zoneedit on 12.04.1 (everything is
stock straight out of apt)?

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,