reducing size of an image in gimp

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:34:02 UTC 2013

> the programm I am using is gimp is there any other program for the same?
> If this is possible in gimp then how to do so?

I do use Gimp also for various purposes. However for quickly cropping
images/ photo's and reducing their size, I use the package "Gwenview".
>From there I go to EDIT > resize or EDIT > crop. You can find
"Gwenview" in the regular repository if you do not have it; it's a
part of KDE/ Kubuntu, but you can also use it in other variants of
*Ubuntu. For standard operations like reducing and cropping, I have
better experiences with Gwenview than with Gimp. Gimp is very good,
but sometimes complicated and heavy.

Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.