Unable To Connect To Wireless Router - Ugrade to Ubuntu 12.10...

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 03:45:36 UTC 2013

Hello all, I don't know if this is the right way to go about asking for
help but here's my story in a nutshell. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T-420,
it WAS running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, but I upgraded to 12.10. The upgrade
went ok. I didn't get any errors or problems....but when I rebooted my
wireless connection will "appear" in the top right hand corner of the
panel, but I cannot connect to the internet, I've tried disabling /
re-enabling the wireless on the laptop, but it still gives me nothing. I
am desperate to find out as to why this has happened? Can someone point
me in the right direction? I would like to have this problem resolved as
soon as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated. See below for
more info, and thanks in advance!

EGO II

Lenovo ThinkPadT-420
i5 Intel Processor
320 GB HD
4 GB Memory
Installed: Ubuntu Linux 12.10 "Precise Pangolin"

results from /sudo lshw
__/Output Truncated_

...product: Centrino Advanced-N 6205
...vendor: Intel Corporation
...physical id: 0
...bus info: pci at 0000:03:00.0
...logical name: wlan0
...version: 34
...serial: 8c:70:5a:bb:40:30
...width: 64 bits
...clock: 33Mhz
...capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical
wireless
...configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwlwifi
driverversion=3.5.0.22-generic
...firmware=18.168.6.1 ip=192.168.1.107 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes
wireless=IEEE 802.11abgn
resources: irq: 44 memory: f2400000-f2401fff