Seeking Help

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 22 14:48:04 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 22 January 2013 09:45:07 geoff at thebakershome.net did opine:
Message additions Copyright Tuesday 22 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> > More information, got it.
> >
> > - Install was from DVD
> > - Computer has 32 GB of ram and an Intel i7 3770 CPU.
> > - Primary HDD is a Samsung 840 Pro (SSD)
> > - Ubuntu 12.10
> > - Internet connection is 10 Mbps download, 800 kbps upload
> >
> > Thank-you
> > -Geoff
> >

> > 32GB of RAM eh? :-) I've got 16GB and consider it an overkill - and I
> > have yet to see more than 4GB of it used :-) .
>
> Overkill is the only way to kill

Whereas I have 4Gb in this box, and its 500 megs into swap in 2 weeks
uptime.  Do a swapoff -a;swapon -a, and something will die needing a reboot
to restore.  Hell of a way to run a train IMO.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Space is to place as eternity is to time.
		-- Joseph Joubert
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...