Download files not named correctly

Rocky1937 rocky1937 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 17 21:30:54 UTC 2013

I am using ubuntu 12.04 and have the latest Firefox 18.0 with all
current updates.

I have been downloading files for years here with no problem.  A couple
of weeks ago I starting having problems with the  chapter names being
named after the story name  ' Operation_Hammerhead.htm'  --  rather than
the normal 'operation_hammerhead_02.htm'  --    I have tried other
stories and some other sites, all have this problem.

I have 3 computers, a laptop and a desktop both running Ubuntu 12.04 and
one desktop running Win XP.  All use Firefox and the 2 Ubuntu computers
both have this problem.  The desktop running XP DOES NOT have the
problem.  I have tried 2 other browsers on the ubuntu computers and they
have all had the same results. All other downloading has been running
normally.

 I have putzed around with this for a week -- the solution avoiding me
completely.

I queried one of the websites and got this response from them:

"At ' xxxxxxxxx' we use index.htm for the Story Pages and
storyname_01.htm, storyname_02.htm etc for the individual chapters.  The
default html names for both index and chapter pages are set to the name
of the story.  The fact that Firefox running on Ubuntu is where you’re
having this problem would indicate that the linux must handle the title
parameter in html in some other way."

Any suggestions?

Rocky