firefox run from 12.10 dvd

Soare Catalin lolinux.soare at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:44:21 UTC 2013

On Jan 17, 2013 7:08 PM, "Pravin Singh" <singhprook at gmail.com> wrote:

> --
>

> *Dr P Singh***
> *S****enior Lecturer***
> *Mathematics*
>
> *UKZN*
> fax  086 637 8639**
> **tel   031 2**607686
>

> Hello. I am running ubuntu from dvd, but firefox freezes after
> starting. I am forced to quit it. I have set up proxy settings in
> firefox and also in network settings.  these are identical to my
> fedora settings. Im really fedup with fedora. But not having internet
> access is a huge problem. So iam confused, if it doesnt work of the
> dvd, then it shouldnt work if i install?. Can anyone help.  safe mode
> dont work either?

Hello,

Since you have to do with what you've got.. You could try installing Ubuntu
alongside Fedora. Dual-boot. That is, if you have enough (+10 - 15 Gb) of
free space. Anyone, please correct me if I failed with the numbers.
If you like how it behaves installed, then you can remove the partition(s)
with Fedora. Remember to backup /home/ over there first.

Tip: It is usually best if when installing Ubuntu, you do NOT reuse your
home partition from Fedora. This can mess up configs for a lot of
applications.

Good luck!
--
Sent from my Brick (TM)