Unity: some of my windows are occasionally going all white and refresh takes many mousovers

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Thu Jan 17 14:21:02 UTC 2013

Update:    I have upgraded this 5 year old laptop, and now use a T530,
and the problem hasn't occured again. Same OS, different hardware.
Must have been something with the device.

Same with suspend. Every now and then, once in 10 or 20 suspends,
the machine would not properly go into suspend, and i'd overheat
from having the laptop in the bag during transport.   Clearly Lenovo
has an issue with that portion of the BIOS but doesn't spend enough
resources fixing this. The new laptop hasn't shown this problem, again
same OS, so clearly something with the T61p.

peter