time and date

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 16 09:34:09 UTC 2013

On 16 January 2013 02:41, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 15 January 2013 22:07, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Ubuntio 2.10 with latest updates.
>> > The System -> Administration
>>
>> What is this Ubuntio 2.10 of which you speak?  It can't be Ubuntu
>> 12.10 as there is no menu System > Administration in standard Ubuntu
>> (ie Unity).  What is it that you are running?
>>
>> Colin
>>

>> > menu
>> >
>> > does not contain timeand date.
>> >
>> > To add insult to injury, the DVD media from which it is installed
>> > did not install the ntp package. I had to install it manually.
>> >
>> > Even after I installed the ntp package, there is still no menu
>> > entry for time and dateadministration.
>>
> Well, you have to really try and get by the typos.
> If they present too much of a problem, then just
> forget about the post, and read something that
> you like :)
>
> I am not running your desktop with which you are familiar.
> I am running  Mate (based on Gnome 2).
> However, the rest of gnome apps and tools appear to be based on gnome3.
>
> I hope that answers your questions.

The first problem you describe is that something is not appearing in
System > Preferences, but since that menu does not appear in standard
Ubuntu that is a Mate question not an Ubuntu question.  The second is
a complaint about the installation iso not installing ntp.  Was that
an Ubuntu installation iso?  If so then which one (what is the name of
the file).

Colin