Auto-logon failure

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 6 14:01:20 UTC 2013

On 6 January 2013 13:31, tehrhart at kc.rr.com <tehrhart at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> I am running a dual boot system with Windows 7 and Ubuntu  12.04 LST.

Can you confirm that this is a normal ubuntu 12.04 with the default
window managers and so on?

> When starting Linux, system asks for password to logon.

Do you get a graphic logon screen which shows your username and asks
for password?

> Have always ran with auto-logon before this time.
>
> System rejects my password.
>

> Going to terminal mode, I can logon with the same password and it is
> accepted.
>
> When I start the system in Recovery mode, I can change password.

When you start in Recovery mode do you get the same graphic logon
screen as in normal mode, but it then then accepts the password?

Colin