rdiff-backup is it best openSource continous backup solution?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Feb 22 05:04:01 UTC 2013

On 02/20/2013 06:30 PM, Rajeev Prasad wrote:
> I liked rdiff-backup when i saw it first time, but when i saw last
> release was in 2009. I wanted to be sure, if there is devolpment being
> done on it (say for another LTS release if any FS changes comes along
> etc.). So I asked if active devlopment is happenign on it or not.

I'm still using rdiff-backup, though now on Debian.  It is indeed not
actively maintained.  It's still quite usable, though, *unless* you run
into a blocker (various blockers have driven some people away), such as
particular network behavior or a filesystem compatibility issue.

In my case, I'm still satisfied with it, although it can sometimes seem
a little slow.

Matt Flaschen