Word Perfect

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 16:27:15 UTC 2013

2013/2/19 Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net>:
> On 02/19/2013 04:11 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> 2013/2/19 Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Ha anyone ever managed to get WordPerfect for Linux to run on modern
>>> Ubuntu?
>>
>> I'm not sure why I would need to try that… :P
>>
> Except for not being able to read the latest MS formats,
> even a 10 year old WP is miles ahead of the freebies.

In what sense? What should I miss, using LibreOffice Calc (3.6 at the
moment) that WP can do?

Reading MS formats doesn't interest me at all, though. I haven't seen
a MS Office file for years now and I never use them myself. ODF is all
I need, and if someone can't open one of my ODFs, it's their problem
or I send them a PDF.

Johnny Rosenberg