Connecting to public wifi hotspots

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 05:35:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 22:00 -0700, JD wrote:
> > As I already said, the problem I see taking place DOES NOT HAPPEN
> > ON WEB SITES THAT DO NOT REQUIRE A LOGIN TO HOTSPOT'S
> > PERMISSION PAGE!!!
>
> We understand. You do not seem to understand that getting a hotspot
> login page to you requires trickery, and that one common form of
> trickery is to muck about with the DNS. That's why everyone is so
> focussed on getting you to do some simple tests and tell us what
> happens.

Sorry!
I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THAT AT ALL. NO ONE SHOULD!!
I hope your answer would not be the answer from either Ubuntu Devs
or FF Devs!!! Because if it is, then they blew it. Why is it a no brainer
on windoze?

> > IF THIS IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO TELL YOU NM IS NOT THE CULPRIT,
> > THERE IS ONLY ONE THING LEFT: FF!!!!
>
> It is *possible* that FF is the culprit, but it is much, much, much more
> likely that the problem lies elsewhere.
>
> You seem unwilling or unable to carry out simple tests.
>
> Regards, K.

Unable???
Unwilling?
Paleaze!!!

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO!!!!!

There was a time and place when and where I had the time
and the resources when I would and could.

So, why don't YOU take my suggestion!
Take you Ubuntu 12.10 to a Starbucks and tell us truthfully
if you were able to connect to the internet.