receive e-mail with postfix (blocked by....?)

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 03:07:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 02:13:46 +0000, emilianovazquez wrote:

> -Thufir, if your aren't the owner of the domain you can't use this
> domain to receive mail. Maybe you can send mails but this is another
> question and in most cases you will be marked as spam because of this.
>
> Create another domain and use this to get your mail working.
>
> If you can't use port 25 TCP you're stuck. This port is for receive
> mails from outside and always need to be fordwarded to postfix. This is
> the only way to do this.

Ok, so without port 25 I'm stuck.  I absolutely appreciate your clarity.

Just to be clear, the FQDN dur.bounceme.net **is** mine, it's registered
with noip.com but they keep bounceme.net and let users register
subdomains.  There's even an option to fill out an mx form, so their
intent is clear -- it's ok to do this.  Just not ok with my ISP.

Now I know that I can't do this without a virtual server, or a different
plan from the ISP, so I won't waste time on it.

-Thufir