probe router wirelessly, double NAT

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 15:53:51 UTC 2013

On 29 December 2013 15:37, thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, the router it connects to might be using any IP address, but this
> gizmo always gives the same range.
>
> It's not really a bridge, I think it just mimics that functionality.

It is easily enough proven.  Change your router config temporarily to
issue 192.168.10.x and then see what your PC gets.  Unplug the cable
to the pc till it disconnects then plug it back in to make sure it
gets given a new address.

Also, you have not said whether using 192.168.0.1 gets you to the
router config and  you have not said what you see when you connect
direct to the router to check what addresses it is issuing.

Colin