Ubuntu instability

Grant Hardy granthardy at outlook.com
Sat Aug 31 21:09:32 UTC 2013

Peter Smout wrote" "Don't know if it will work for you but,
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair/  has saved me on numerous
> occasions (both windows & linux)!
> One note of warning AFAIK it wont do UFEI yet, but has recovered my
> systems on numerous occasions."
How would I fix a Windows 8 64-bit bootloader using this tool? I downloaded
it and burned it onto a CD, but when I boot into the tool it looks like it's
just a GUI for browsing the  internet to get help or typing things into the
command line. It doesn't seem to have a simple GUI-based tool for repairing
a damaged bootloader, and in fact the help specifically says that it won't
do this. Currently when I power on my computer I just get a blinking cursor
unless I boot from external media, so something is very wrong.

Grant