Flash Issues on old 32 bit pc

Peter Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:01:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

This is sort of a follow on from 'probally a stupid question but...' but
warrants a new thread.

A friend of mine (following my advice) has just installed Lubuntu 12.04
LTS on an old pc to extend the life....
Having personally made the 'error' of installing Adobe flash from their
website, I am trying to resolve this correctly by installing
lubuntu-restricted-extras from the multiverse repo with no luck at all,
firefox does not know it is installed, even though synaptic says it is?

I am uncertain where it put the flashplugin-installer (it is *not* in
/usr/bin or /sbin) even though it was on the list of 'to be installed'
or even if it needs to be 'run' to install the plugin.

I have been using Ubuntu for nearly 6 years and I have never known flash
to be such a pain in all that time!

can someone please point me in the correct direction for a walk-through
that works or tell me what I am doing wrong ;)

Thanks

Pete Smout