Probably stupid question, but

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Wed Aug 28 02:08:27 UTC 2013

On 08/27/2013 08:58 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 28 August 2013 01:52, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
>> A bit over a year ago, I tried to fill out a passport application using
>> some FOSS pdf app. Forget it! It's AdobeReader or nothing!
>
> Yes, I think I've had that too - but then again, AcroRead is in the
> repos, isn't it?

There isn't a 64-bit version. A few distros have packaged it with
32-bit libraries, and you can install it--I think Ubuntu may be one
such. But the rest of us using, say, PCLOS, are out of luck on
64-bit systems.

> So once again, to reinforce my point to Gene, you can solve the
> problem with freeware tools that are effectively included with Ubuntu.
> There's no need, in this instance, to go downloading and installing
> stuff off abobe.com, say.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley