Printer Question

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 17:57:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 05:51:28 -0700, Barry Premeaux wrote:

I had before HP OfficeJet. It is a common consensus that HP is well
supported in Linux. In my experience however the Brother drivers are way,
way better then hplip. My HP OfficeJet did not have built-in duplex and I
had to use hplip provided manual "duplex" option. That is printing first
odd pages, then turning the pile over and printing the even pages. hplip
always screwed it up giving me headache. I not only had to turn the whole
pile over but I had to turn each page up down too. That was a nightmare.

Speaking of quality of the printer itself, there is no way HP flimsy
printers can come even close with the quality of my Brother MFC. Very
sturdy build, reliable workhorse. I have a laser All-in-One with duplex
built-in (no wireless) and, since I get it on sale, it cost me much less
than the flimsy HP OfficeJet. After I've discovered for myself Brother
MFCs, I'd never go back to any of HP products.