"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Qiubo Su (David Su) qiubosu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 22:35:54 UTC 2013

dear sir,

thanks for your reply.

i put that problem HD back to the same original server (this server can
start well when connecting to another HD with working ubuntu OS).

as recommended:

1) using the ubuntu live CD to boot the server, but when try to install the
OS onto the HD, it say the minimum required size is 4.5GB, but this HD
don't have enough size, so the OS installation process can't be started,
while the HD has a total size 500GB.

2) using the Window XP OS CD to boot the server, when start to OS
installation process, it says there is no disk, but actually there is a HD
connecting to the motherboard and its size is 500GB.

in BIOS, the HD can't be detectable (in my previous email, i says the HD is
detectable in BIOS. sorry for my mistake). could be the above 1) and 2)
problems are due to the HD can't be detected by the system? if it is, why
and how to fix it? can it be fixed?

thanks,
q.s.