Ubuntu on a tablet... Is there one?

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Tue Aug 13 01:36:22 UTC 2013

I don't know if this is the right list for the question, so if this
isn't the correct list, please point me to the correct list.  I'm using
gmane.

I found a reference on the web about a tablet that comes with Ubuntu
installed.  But couldn't find any further information.

Does this unit exist?  If so, how well does it do at reading all the
various epub formats?

I'm shopping for either a dedicated eReader or a tablet to use as an
eReader.  I've no plans to replace my desktops with a tablet.  This is
just for collecting various old books in one place for easy reading.

I like the physical size of the iPad Mini, but the price is a bit high
for my use, I think.  iPad sized units are physically larger than I
would like.

I'm not Linux knowledgeable, but would like to at least get familiar
with it.  So, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ask any questions you wish.   :-)
--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.8.4