Cheese question

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Aug 10 15:40:35 UTC 2013

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 10 August 2013 09:47:00 Nils Kassube did opine:
> > > Its worthless without that.
> >
> > As worthless as a milling machine that can't make coffee?
>
> That depends, I didn't buy the mill to make coffee, there is always
> the Mr. Coffee for that, brewing right now in fact.

:) I suppose the main purpose of cheese wasn't an aid for a milling
machine either.

> Unforch, this old fart is a one language person.  I can read enough
> German on a schematic to fix a Telefunken radio, but that 2nd link
> needs a translation before I can get anything out of it.

I don't think the command in that link is depending on the language
preference of the user. But I'll just repost it here for your
convenience:

gst-launch videomixer name=mix sink_0::zorder=1 sink_1::alpha=1.0
sink_1::zorder=2 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink v4l2src
device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1
! ffmpegcolorspace ! mix.sink_0 filesrc location=crosshair.png ! pngdec
! alphacolor ! ffmpegcolorspace ! imagefreeze ! mix.sink_1

That should be all in one single line and you need the crosshair.png
from the forum post in the directory where you start the command.

Nils